St Thomas of Canterbury - Clapham
Built new chancel for this church in 1862-3, more or less in it’s original form, and carried out a general restoration in 1861, taking down and rebuilding ‘ruinous parts’
and restoring the rest.
St John the Baptist - Eversholt
Decorative chancel windows of this church were restored between 1863 and 1864. These were sketched in Scott’s Sketch Book (number 25), on 8 July 1862.
All Saints - Houghton Conquest
Between 1869-70, Scott provided a new hammerbeam roof for the chancel of this church with wind braces for Archdeacon Rose, the rector. He also provided a new porch, the east
window was restored, two other windows were opened up and the pulpit and plaster ceiling removed.
St Mary's - Marston Moretain
Scott restored this church in 1872.
All Saints - Ridgmont
Between 1854-5 Scott built All Saints Church, as part of the nearby Bedford estate in ironstone in a 13th century style. It was described as ‘Respectable, solid and
handsome’ (Goodhart Rendel).
All Saints - Turvey
Completed a restoration and a new chancel of this church between 1852-4 at the sole cost of Charles Longuet Higgins (1807-85) of Turvey Abbey who was organist between 1854-85.
As was said of it in 1958, ‘[it is] a euphemism to call [it] a vigorous example of his mature style; more suitable to some rich inner London suburb than a
village church, it is saved by impeccable craftsmanship and a Collyweston roof’. (Betjeman, J., ed., Collins Guide to English Parish Churches, 1958, p. 84).
Thynne Chapel, St Mary's - Haynes
Lord John Thynne (1798-1881), was dean of Westminster Abbey and son of the Marquis of Bath. Scott obtained work from Tynne himself, who had inherited the advowson of Haynes, near Ampthill in Bedfordshire. Here Scott designed the paving of the Thynne Chapel in around 1850.
Lady Thynne’s tomb, St Mary's - Haynes
Lord John Thynne (1798-1881), was dean of Westminster Abbey and son of the Marquis of Bath. Scott obtained work from Tynne himself, who had inherited the advowson of Haynes, near Ampthill in Bedfordshire. Here Scott designed a canopy for Lady Thynne’s tomb in 1868.