St Peter and St Paul - Cattistock
Scott restored this church between 1855-7, which included substantial rebuilding at the expense of the Rev. H. Still. A south aisle of two bays was added
plus an apse in the style of 1300. He removed the gallery and installed a new west window, known as the Jesse window. The Nave is dominated by
a magnificent arch and the chancel is decorated with Minton tiles and stone and wood carving by William Brindley. The sedilia is richly carved
and fashioned from a single piece of stone. Later a tower, porch, north aisle and vestry were added by his son George Gilbert.
Milton Abbey Church - Milton Abbey
Scott carried out a restoration here in 1865 at the expense of Baron Hambro, a Danish merchant banker, including a new west porch, replacing stone
slabs with encaustic tiles throughout. Scott may also have worked on the main house with a remodelling of the courtyard to make it symmetrical around the original
fifteenth century Abbot’s Hall, probably dating from this time.
Monument to Baron Hambro - Milton Abbey
In 1877 Scott designed a canopy monument to his patron Baron Hambro for the north aisle of the chancel of Milton Abbey Church.
Holy Trinity, Bimport Street - Shaftesbury
This was essentially a rebuilding of a church on the site of an older church, carried out with Moffatt between 1839-42. It was built in local stone with a
slate roof, in Early English style, for Lord Grosvenor, the same type as St Mark’s, Moseley, Birmingham. It has a stark interior, possibly due the Church
Commissioners influence, but externally it is a substantial design with a west tower, lancets in pairs or triplets, aisles and minor transepts.
The tower is a grand structure, which can be seen for miles around, a chancel added in 1908. Presumably these two churches were obtained by
competition, as the partners had few connections in either Dorset or Birmingham.
Woolland Church - Woolland
Between 1855-7, Scott built the church in Late Thirteenth Century style. It has a nave, chancel, polygonal apse, with the chancel and apse
rib-vaulted. At the west end is a polygonal bell turret with a spire and there is a north chapel to the chancel. J. T. Irvine was the clerk
of works. Scott was also in correspondence with the main house about defective slates in 1855 although no further work was carried out.