All Saints - Crondall
In 1871, Scott replaced the eastern window in the church that had been restored by Benjamin Ferrey in 1847. His son, George Gilbert, continued the
St Michael and All Angels - Highclere
Scott built a church of flint and stone in Early English style for the 4th Earl of Carnarvon between 1869-70, to replace an earlier church of 1692.
It has a broach spire, lancets and plate tracery. The contractor was Jackson and Shaw, the clerk of works, W. Blackie. The carving was
carried out by Farmer and Brindley and the decoration by the Ravenor Brothers. Scott drew the sleeper walls as they appear in the final
All Saints - Houghton
Scott started this church restoration in 1875, restoring the chancel and replacing the east window. The work was continued by his son John Oldrid into the
All Saints, Church Street, Landport - Portsmouth
The chancel of this 1828 church was added in 1876-7, for E. B. C. Churchill and although it has been attributed to Scott, the neo-perpendicular style
and stone lierne vaulting suggests that it was probably the work of his son, John Oldrid.
St Deny's, St Deny's Road - Southampton
The drawings were completed in 1865 and the church was built between 1867-8 in Early English style in red brick with stone dressings. The builder was a Mr
Futcher of Salisbury. The church originally consisted of a nave and north aisle, with an apse and bellcote. A matching south aisle was added
St John the Evangelist's - West Meon
Scott rebuilt this church with Moffatt between 1843-6, replacing an older church. It is in Early English style with an exterior of faced flint with stone dressings,
consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch, and a square embattled tower, containing six bells. It cost about £12,000, all given by the Rev. Henry Vincent Bailey, the rector, who died in 1844 before the church was completed. The roofs are covered with blue slates.
It has an octagonal font of thirteenth century style and an organ-chamber which cost £600, the organ, by Brindley & Foster of Sheffield,
presented by Richard Earwaker Esq., of Nottingham, at an expense of £500.
Winchester Cathedral, Wilberforce memorial - Winchester
On 17 July 1873 Samuel Wilberforce fell from his horse and was killed. He had been Bishop of Oxford for twenty-four years but in December 1869, he
was made Bishop of Winchester. He was buried in the south transept of Winchester Cathedral, where Scott designed a lavish memorial to him in
1873, with an effigy by Armstead, supported by angels, under an elaborate canopy.
Winchester Cathedral choir screen - Winchester
Scott also provided Winchester Cathedral with a new open-work choir
screen as a memorial to Bishop Wilberforce in 1875 which Scott said was ‘stupidly marred by filling in the openings with plate glass’.
City (Butter) Cross - Winchester
The fifteenth century cross was restored by Scott between 1865-6, including replacing the statuary. Only the figure on the south side is medieval
in origin, the others dating from Scott’s restoration.