St Mary's - Burgh-next-Aylsham
In May 1876 Scott went on an extensive tour of Norfolk where his work, up until then, had been rather sparse. Norwich Cathedral was one of the few great English cathedrals where he had had no involvement. John Brown, the Architect to the Dean and Chapter of the Cathedral, died in 1876 and it may have been because of this that Scott felt ‘at liberty to stir’. He met the Diocesan Surveyor, Richard Makilwaine Phipson, who had been one of the successful competitors for a block plan in the Government Offices Competition, and together they designed a particularly fine new east end for the church at Burgh-next-Aylsham, ten miles from Norwich.
All Saints - East Winch
Scott ‘beautifully’ restored this church between 1875-8 for the vicar the Rev. John Alvis, his work including a new south chapel, a hammerbeam roof and new chancel roof. The patron was Edmund Kent of Fakenham and the builders were Bardell Bros. of Middleton, the work costing £2000.
St Margaret's, Saturday Market - Kings Lynn
Between 1873-5 Scott restored this church, attempting to take it back to the ‘true Gothic’. He lowered the floor, covering it with Godwin’s tiles, revealing the bases of the original pillars of the arcades. He removed the flat plaster ceiling, replaced Georgian fittings, removed galleries and renewed the windows.
St Nicholas's, St Anne Street - Kings Lynn
In 1869, Scott added a lead spire to this church to replace one destroyed in a gale in 1741.
St Fabien and St Sebastian - Woodbastwick
In 1877 Scott started to restore Woodbastwick Church, some seven miles north-east of Norwich, for A. Cator, patron of the church. He had sketched it in 1876. The west tower pinnacles and battlements were renewed and the tower rebuilt. The interior was refitted, the sanctuary marked off by a pair of posts and the windows renewed. He died before the work, which cost around £5000, was completed.