St Mary's - Cleobury Mortimer
Scott carried out a restrained restoration on this church in 1874-5. His work included the insertion of half arches to span the aisle and a Decorated style arch into the vestry, which is now the organ chamber, at a cost of about £2000 for the vicar Prebendary Baldwyn Childe who contributed a large part of the money required.
St Matthew's - Donnington Wood
This church was paid for by the Second Duke of Sutherland at a cost of around £2000 and built between 1842-4 for local colliery workers. It was built of white ashlar stone with darker dressings and has a bellcote and steep roofs, with lancet windows with tracery. It consists of a nave, north and south transepts, chancel and south porch and had free seats.
St Mary's - Ellesmere
Lord Ellesmere, not surprisingly, was involved in the restoration of Ellesmere Church in Shropshire, forty miles south of Worsley, which Scott carried out between 1847 and 1849. The Earl's family contributed £3,500 out of a total cost of £8,000, for what was a drastic restoration. The old church was in an appalling state, which seemed to necessitate rebuilding most of the nave and aisles in white stone and scraping the red stone of the remaining portions. The transepts were heavily restored and a stair turret was added. Here was another central tower which had to be strengthened by the perilous operation of rebuilding its supports. This was accomplished by Scott's Clerk of Works, Charles Hannum, who when he finished with Ellesmere transferred to Aylesbury, where there were equally daunting tower problems and the church was restored in an equally drastic manner. Soon after the completion of the first phase of Worsley Church, Scott had a connection with another branch of the Egerton family.
Cemetery Chapel and keeper's house, Swan Hill - Ellesmere
In 1865 Scott designed the chapel here, decorated with a central spirelet, and also the keeper’s house in ashlar, half-timbered above, by the entrance gateway, forming a ‘picturesque Gothic group’ as Pevsner has put it.
Hawkstone House and Chapel - Hawkstone
Scott rebuilt and restored the house and chapel in around 1859 for Lord Hill, the second viscount, in a Classical style. In 1909, the apse in alabaster was moved from the ground floor chapel to the first floor billiard room in the south wing.
St Laurence's - Ludlow
Between 1859-60 Scott carried out a restoration at this church, with J. T. Irvine as his clerk of works. This included the flooring, removing plaster from some of the ceilings and restoring the woodwork.
Cemetery Chapel - Ludlow
This chapel was built by Scott in 1870-1, close to site of St Leonard’s Church which was demolished in 1760. It was built in French Gothic style, of red stone from Felton and dressed with stone from Luston. It accommodated 200 and cost £1800, the contractor being E. Edwards of Leominster, supervised by William Cooke. It consisted of a nave, chancel and vestry, with no aisles. It had a circular east window and other lancet windows, a south porch and a bellcote over the chancel arch. The capitals and other similar stonework remain uncarved. It is now an antiques centre.
Shelton Hospital - Shelton
Scott and Moffatt benefitted rather more from yet another big government-led social building programme, which was for the new large and improved county lunatic asylums, that were planned across the country in the early 1840’s and again were usually the subject of architectural competitions. As Scott wrote, ‘We competed frequently too, at this time, for County Lunatic Asylums though with less success’. In fact the partners were successful on three occasions. The first of these in 1843 was the Shropshire County Lunatic Asylum, which, as the government prescribed, was set on high ground outside the town. This is situated at Shelton, some two miles west of Shrewsbury, in an attractive park-like setting. The building, although not the scale of Wanstead, is still very big with a three-storied central block and two-storied wings with basements, to accommodate 120 inmates. The style is slightly later, with plain gables and a classical cupola over the main entrance, but it still has Tudor windows with stone mullions and transomes. It was built in a plain red brick, with stone dressings.
St Andrew's - Shifnal
Scott restored this church for the Rev. H. Cunliffe in 1876-9, the work finished after his death and the fees of £40 paid in 1880. This work included rebuilding the north aisle and the west bay of the south aisle. He also designed a new font for Cunliffe, which incurred a fee of £1 11s 6d.
St Michael and All Angels - Welshampton
Scott built this church in 1861-3, as a memorial to Charles Kynaston Mainwaring, and it was built from small blocks of yellow sandstone using Mainwaring funds. It has a diaper patterned slate roof and bellcote, the windows with lancets and plate tracery. The interior is lavish with the choirstalls, alabaster reredos, wooden communion table, brass altar rails and benches, all designed by Scott. The chancel seats were by Rattee and Kett, the brasswork by Skidmore, the tiles by Godwin and other carving by Farmer.
St Michael's - West Fenton
In 1848, Scott carried out the restoration of the chancel of this church, rebuilding the east wall partly in ashlar. Other work had been carried out by John Lloyd in 1841.