St James's - Bury St Edmonds
Scott restored this church, St James’s, in 1865-9, it becoming a cathedral in 1914. He rebuilt the chancel with side chapels and gave the nave a new hammerbeam roof, altering the west front gable to fit it in and also adding pinnacles to it. He also designed a mosaic in the chancel which was made by Salviati. Scott’s chancel was demolished in around 1960 to fit a new choir. He also provided a new pulpit made by Kett and a font which was placed on a medieval shaft and now has a twentieth century canopy.
St Stephen the Protomartyr - Higham
Scott designed and built this church in geometric style, in 1858-61, at a cost of £3600. The contractors were Rattee and Kett, and Holland of Gazeley. It has a round west tower with a spire, nave, chancel, north aisle, north vestry, organ chamber and south porch. The exterior is flint rubble with bands and dressings of limestone. As was reported about its opening:
We have it on the authority of one of Mr Scott’s assistants, that although prevented from personally superintending the construction, and compelled by a sudden call to the Continent to forego the pleasure of being present at its consecration, the architect devoted to the plans an unusual amount of care and attention, being resolved that the building should be a gem among
the many which have made his name famous.
The font and pulpit were made by Farmer, the reredos by Field.
St Matthew's, Portman Road - Ipswich
In 1876-7, Scott widened and enlarged the north aisle at this church creating a new baptistery, as well as carrying out general repairs.
St Peter's, St Peter Street - Ipswich
Scott carried out work at this church soon before he died in 1878, removing a gallery and lengthening the aisles. He also built a new chancel arch and removed the plaster ceiling in the chancel to expose the old roof. He provided a new east window and possibly a pulpit. The work appears to have continued after his death into the 1880s. The church was redundant but is now a concert and events venue.
Suffolk County Lunatic Asylum, Melton - Woodbridge
In 1844, Scott and Moffatt carried out an extension here, extending the west wings (E and B wards) and remodelling the building to enlarge the hospital, which was originally built in 1767 as a house of industry. It was partially demolished in the 1990s, the remaining buildings converted into residential use.
St Michael's - Woolverstone
In the 1864-6, Scott extensively rebuilt the chancel of this church, including the piscine and sedilia, at the expense of Mrs. John Berners. This cost of £1,000, including the insertion of a window to the memory of the Rev. Joshua Rowley and his wife, her parents.
All Saints, Debach - Woodbridge
This church had fallen into disrepair and was rebuilt and extended by Scott in 1854-5. This included a new vestry as well as general repairs and reseating. It has now been converted into a private house.