1. 01. Family
  2. 02. Chronology
  3. 03. Gazetteer
  4. 04. Styles
  5. 05. People
  6. 06. Search
  7. 07. About this site
  8. 08. Contact

All Saints - Godshill

Scott certainly surveyed this church for restoration in around 1871 for the Earl of Yarborough, the survey notes placed in his notebook, although he is not mentioned as carrying out work there.

All Saints - Ryde

Scott was first commissioned to build this church in 1867 but his initial plans were rejected. His next attempt, in an ornate second pointed style, was accepted and the cornerstone laid in 1869. Described as a very large and ‘majestic’ church by Betjeman, the north porch was a memorial to Prince Albert, donated by the Royal Victoria Yacht Club. The chancel wall paintings were by Clayton and Bell and the general contractor was Jackson and Shaw. It was consecrated in 1872. Scott designed the fittings which included a pulpit of Derbyshire alabaster on polished marble columns from around 1870, a reredos and iron screens.


St Lawrence's - St Lawrence

Scott built this church for the Rev. Clifford Malden between 1876-8, with a double bellcote, although Pevsner describes it as ‘indifferent’. The reredos was paid for by Madame Van de Weyer as a memorial to Baronet Captain Van de Weyer and Scott provided seats and other fittings, his fees amounting to £148 for the fittings alone.