St Hilary's - St Hilary
In 1860, Scott completed designs for the restoration of this church for Mrs Charlotte Traherne, in conjunction with her son Rev. J. M. Traherne, as a memorial to her husband. The work was carried out between 1861-2, the builders James and Price of Cardiff. Scott inserted large windows throughout, added a south porch and a chancel window, and renewed roofs. He also provided new fittings including a pulpit, reading desk, elaborately carved pews and corona chandelier.
St Mellon's - St Mellons
Scott restored the church in 1858-9, at the expense of E. A. Freeman. He lived locally and probably provided fittings for the church too, for example, the cylindrical stone pulpit.